Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Over My Dead Body - The New Flower Bed with Editorial Comments from Jennifer

Sunday was a hard day at the Baker's house. Paul and Jennifer disagreed on a planting issue, but back to the beginning. This summer I came to possess 40+ surprise lilies. These bulbs have been sitting on the counter in the garage for a couple of months. Jennifer was eager to have the counter cleaned up so I went to the backyard to dig. I was preparing the bed pictured above.

Here are about 1/2 the rocks that came from my digging of the 3 foot by 8 foot flower bed. Coming into the house Sunday sweating and dizzy from the exertion I told Jennifer of my plan. She informed me that they would not go there--something like over my dead body. (My how Paul exaggerates--there is another side to the story.) There was a little distance in my home. I went back to work digging a new bed with renewed vigor. (There was a good reason for the distance.)

Here is the new bed. Jennifer has not been seen for a few days. The lilies are in--may she rest in peace. I am hoping the new bed comes to life in the spring. I will report back in May. Thanks for listening. (And if you believe Paul's side of the story, you don't know Paul very well.)


No comments: