Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day 9 Glacier - Meadows of Flowers

The meadows of Glacier are full of this white bloom called Bear Grass. Bears do not eat it and our ranger was not sure why it got the name, but it is beautiful.
About 8 miles into the hike and Jennifer needed to cool her heels. She got some nasty blisters under her toe nails on this trip. How does one do that? I told her she needed to "pick up her feet more." My comments were not appreciated. I told her my middle name was "sensitive," with a first name of "not" and a last name of "at all." Good thing it was our last hiking day. The water was so cold you could only keep you feet in for a few moments.
Flowers were blooming everywhere. This picture is a poor shot of the wonderful view. You must go to see it for yourself.
This professional hiker allowed me to take her picture. Note the posture and sturdy hiking poles. What a life...



No comments: