Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day 4 Glacier - Polson MT - Ralph's House

What a great day! Only had about 200 miles in the car. Here is our dear freind Ralph. We are staying with Ralph in Polson, MT. The view below is from is living room. Ralph and his wife Connie are dear friends we met in Palatine.
Polson is on a beautiful lake and is flanked by the Mission Range of the Rockies. Glacier is about 70 miles north and east of here. On to Glacier tomorrow...
We stopped in Missoula for a Starbucks and allowed the Garmin to take us to Fort Missoula Museum. What a fun little museum and grounds. Did you know the army had a bike unit in the 1800's at Fort Missoula to test the usability of this transportation? They had a little training trip to St. Louis, but the ideas was later canned. I preferred the old wagon for my overland trips.


Jennifer is in a fire tower looking for forest fires. She does better with heights than I. Jennifer first took me up in a fire tower in Missouri in 1973. It was much higher and scarier. She then leaned over the little metal bar and made my legs turn to rubber. Still scares me when I think about it.



No comments: